Friday 6 August 2010

regency dress 1805

This is my finished dress
Back view of dress
A close up of back detail






I have nearly finished my regency dress. Now instead of a front fastening that is open at the sides I have sewed it up down the front bodice and where the bodice and skirt meets - now I dont have a gap. I have 2 straps at x the first seam after the centre front, this ties the excess fabric of the skirt towards the back but doesnt seem to keep the high bodice up, so it is definately a back closing item. The instructions says to sew tape to what I think is the bottom of bodice and top of skirt but it isnt specific as to where it starts and ends??? The pleats at the back of skirt are sewn to the bodice but what happens to the rest of the skirt which is wider than the bodice? The tape and loop at centre back isnt enough and the instructions say it would need to be pinned but where and how and with what??? I put on a wide purple ribbon and tied at the back it disguises the cords and pulling in of the fabric. It looks good anyway but with a lower bodice seam looks more edwardian than Regency.

To go with this is this simple underskirt with high bodice. It has tab-fastenings
at the top tied with tapes and hook and eye fastening at the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment